Big Golf Communication Resources and its subsidiaries: The CEO Business Journal, International CEOs’ Economic Summit (ICES); or its partners: Invest In Africa-Now, (“ICES” or “we” or “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with us.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement or “Statement”) sets out the privacy practices for ICES with respect to information, including Personal Data (which means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person), we obtain from and about individuals interacting with ICES and its websites, mobile applications, and services. All Personal Data that we collect, other than information collected through direct mailing context, is subject to this Privacy Statement.
Types of Personal Data Collected
The type of Personal Data we collect depends on how you use this website or interact with ICES.
When you visit our publicly available website, we may collect the following types of information, including Personal Data, from you:
- Contact information
- Event registrations and preferences
- Feedback and reviews or request for support
- Log files, information collected by cookies and similar technologies about the pages viewed, links clicked, and other actions taken when accessing our website, which may be considered Personal Data under applicable laws.
- Activities, interactions, preferences, transactional information and other computer and connection information (such as IP address) relating to the use of our website and our services
When you conduct business with ICES, we may collect the following types of Personal Data:
- Contact information
- Financial and billing information (We use WooCommerce, therefore we may not have comprehensive data)
- Event registrations and preferences
- Feedback and reviews or request for support
- Activities, interactions, preferences, transactional information and other computer and connection information
- Resumes and information relevant to our market research activities that: you provide to us directly; we receive about you from referrals; or we collect from publicly available sources and websites
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
If you are being considered for volunteering or your career with ICES, we may collect and process the following types of Personal Data:
- Resume, application, candidate profile, or interview logistics information during the recruiting process. The sources of employment application information include yourself (when you provide information directly to us, for example, through our jobs and volunteer postings links on this website), publicly available information (such as information on job posting websites), and third-party recruiting sources (such as professional recruiting or placement agencies)
How We Use Personal Data
ICES collect and uses Personal Data for our legitimate interests as set out herein, or based on your consent (in which case we would ask you separately to provide your consent to a processing activity) through:
- Personalizing information about our services
- Personalizing your experience on our website
- Conducting business with our suppliers and other third parties including market research activities
- Considering candidates for job vacancies with ICES entities, including all elements of the procedure leading up to deciding whether to offer, subject to any appropriate background checks, the applicant a position. Some job applicant data processing may also be necessary to comply with legal obligations
- Other purposes disclosed at the time of collection or otherwise compatible with the above and applicable law
We use the Information that we collect generally to fulfill any requests placed through the Site. Additionally, we use this Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our clients for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Bing – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
In instances where information is transferred to ICES through a client data controller and ICES is acting as the processor, the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or for our legitimate interest to provide the requested services to our clients. ICES will assist the client data controller in complying with its legal obligations, discussed below in the International Transfers of Your Personal Data section, where applicable.
With Whom We Share Personal Data
ICES may share Personal Data we collect with the following categories of third parties and for the following purposes:
- Subsidiaries who process Personal Data on behalf of ICES for the purposes of supporting and providing services to our delegates, partners or clients.
- Third party service providers contracted to provide services on behalf of ICES for discrete business purposes such as provision of IT related services, event planning, talent recruiting, market research interviewees and providers, and travel services
- Other corporate entities when a business transaction occurs such as a merger or acquisition
- Third party entities with whom ICES works in providing a service, such as International Trade & Business establishments with whom ICES collaborates to provide training and information, and organizations at which ICES arranges for volunteers to obtain practical experience
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
ICES may disclose Personal Data in special cases when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary: (a) to conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (b) to protect and defend our rights or property; (c) to enforce the website Terms and Conditions; or (d) to protect the interests of our users or others.
Retention of Data
We will keep your Personal Data as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which Personal Data is collected as stated herein; for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, if any; and to comply with legal and statutory obligations, such as those required by tax, trade and corporate laws. When we no longer need your Personal Data for our purposes, we will destroy, delete or erase that Personal Data or convert it into an anonymous form.
Choice You Have About How ICES Uses Your Personal Data
We strive to provide you with as many choices and as much control as possible regarding the Personal Data you provide to us.
If you have questions, complaints or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or wish to access your Personal Data, or update, change or remove your Personal Data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to opt out of receiving marketing or other communications, you can either respond using the opt out button in the relevant communication, or by contacting us by the methods listed above.
How ICES Protects Your Personal Data
ICES take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the data.
This website may contain links to or from other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. This Privacy Statement applies only to the information we collect on this Site or as otherwise described herein. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of other websites you link to from our Site or otherwise visit.
This website is not intended for children under the age of 20. We will not knowingly collect information from website visitors in this age group. By using the Site, you represent that you are age 20 or over. If you believe that a child may have provided his or her Personal Data to us, please contact us using the contact information at the end of this Statement. In the event that we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 20, we will dispose of that Personal Data immediately.
Do Not Track Disclosures
When you visit a website (such as ICES website), your browser automatically shares certain information with that website, such as your IP address and other device information, which may also be considered Personal Data under applicable laws. Some of this data may also be sent to third-party content providers (for example: advertisers, website analytic companies, etc.) that provide content on the website. Such sharing may allow the website and/or content providers to track you over time and across multiple websites. At this time, ICES website does not respond to Do Not Track beacons sent by browser plugins as there is not yet a common agreement about how to interpret Do Not Track signals from browsers.
International Transfers of Your Personal Data
By using the website or providing Personal Data to ICES, your Personal Data may be transferred ICES headquarter or to other ICES locations where we carry out our support activities. Your country’s laws governing data collection and use may differ from those of ICES locations. Some of the third parties with whom we share your Personal Data are also located in countries whose laws have not been deemed by the European Commission to provide the same level of protection to your Personal Data. Only a small number of countries have been officially recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection). Please contact email@example.com if you want to receive further information.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including the United States.
If you have questions about exercising any rights or their applicability to any of our particular processing activities or have questions about any data transfer mechanism or want a copy thereof, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address provided below.
We have taken great measures to ensure that your visit to our website and your interactions with ICES are satisfying and that your privacy is respected. Unless otherwise stated, If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us by e-mail email@example.com
Copyright 2019 ICES (A BGCR Event and its subsidiaries)
All rights reserved.
Effective as of April 12, 2019